Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Mommy Olympics

As I was carrying in groceries tonight, I thought "mommies who shake bottles can carry more groceries at once than mommies who don't." Seriously, I can't make that up. Then I thought "there should be an Olympic Games for all the physical things moms do. (Which by the way, I plan to win cause I'm competitive). And then all these different "events" started coming to mind and I have to write them down or they won't stop floating around in my brain.

1. Who can get 3 young children out of a burning house the fastest, barefoot in pjs of course.
2. Who can read the most stories in a row without losing the "happy character voices."
3. Who can feed their child a nutritionally balanced meal while personally having a stomach bug.
4. Who can do dishes, laundry, and clean the house on the least amount of sleep.
5. Who can carry 2 children (totaling 50 lbs or more) the farthest.
6. Who can go the longest without turning on PBS, Disney Jr., a video, etc on for their child.
7. Who can make the least effort on hair and make up and still look acceptable to shop at the mall (clearly Walmart's standards wouldn't work).
8. Who can keep a sleepy child awake on a 20 minute ride home from above stated mall.
9. Who can stay up the latest without crashing on the couch.

I'm sure there are more events worthy of this Olympic Games. What comes to mind for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment