Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Do You Work Out?

I always start to feel guilty when my mom friends start talking about their yoga class, or invite me to the gym, or I see them running in the neighborhood. I used to go to the gym, regularly. I did the 5 minute warm up on the elliptical, the 45 min weight lifting set, then 10 mins of cool down and stretching. You know, in my DBK (Days Before Kids). Now when someone asks if I work out, I tell them I walk my dogs. And then I get depressed like I'm not doing enough.

But that's not really the truth. I carry around a 33 lb 3 year old and a 22 lb 1 year old frequently. Sometimes, I even lift them at the same time. I lay on my back and lift them with my arms and legs as we "do tricks." I crawl around on the floor with them and do core strengthening moves. And we do walk the dogs together, but it's usually just 1 mile at a distracted 3 year old's pace.

But I bend and lift to clean toys, bathrooms, and dogs all the time. I carry in loads of groceries. I carry baskets of laundry up and down the steps. And with Erin's Swallow Dysfunction, I am shaking bottles and juice cups for probably 10 minutes a day. Shake weights really do work. So no more feeling guilty. I am doing the mommy work out every day and these mommy muscles can take care of business.



3 comments:

  1. Your funny!!! Your getting our workout in the the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Cat not Stan lol ...... I like your blog.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Cat! I'm glad you enjoy it cause I love writing.

    ReplyDelete